Where Do You Want To Go?

Home Search

This website uses a number of cookies. Click here for details.

Kirkby CE Privacy Notice (GDPR)

Privacy Notice for Pupils, Parents and Guardians.

Who Will Own My Data Once I Submit It?

Kirkby Church of England Primary School

Why Do You Need My Information?

We use the pupil data:

to support pupil learning

to monitor and report on pupil progress

to provide appropriate pastoral care

to assess the quality of our services

to comply with the law regarding data sharing

The categories of pupil information that we collect, hold and share include:

Personal information (such as name, unique pupil number and address)

Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and free school meal eligibility)

Attendance information (such as sessions attended, number of absences and absence reasons)

Assessment information

Exclusions/behavioural information

Relevant medical information

Special educational needs information

What Allows You To Use My Information?

We collect and process pupil information as part of our public functions under both the Data Protection Act and Article 6, part (e) of the General Data Protection Regulation.

The legislation and guidance that allows us to do this in the UK includes, but is not limited to:

The Education Pupil Registration (England) Regulations 2006

Education (Information About Individual Pupils) (England) Regulations 2013

Education Act 2002

Education Act 2011

Government Guidance on Schools and Education

Who Will My Information Be Shared With?

We routinely share pupil information with:

schools that the pupils attend after leaving us

our local authority

the Department for Education (DfE)

To find out more about the data collection requirements placed on us by the Department for Education (for example; via the school census) go to the Department for Education’s website.

We are required by law, to provide information about our pupils to the Department for Education as part of statutory data collections, such as the school census and early years’ census. Some of this information is then stored in the National Pupil Database.

Visit the National Pupil Database (NPD) website for further information on the National Pupil Database.

The Department for Education may share information about our pupils from the National Pupil Database with third parties who promote the education or well-being of children in England by:

conducting research or analysis

producing statistics

providing information, advice or guidance

To be granted access to pupil information, organisations must comply with strict terms and conditions covering the confidentiality and handling of the data, security arrangements and retention and use of the data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.

For more information about the department’s data sharing process, please visit the Department of Education’s website.

Do I Have To Provide This Information And What Will Happen If I Don’t?

The majority of pupil information you provide to us is mandatory as part of our public functions under both the Data Protection Act and Article 6, part (e) of the General Data Protection Regulation, when we collect data outside of this,  we will rely on your consent to collect and store your personal data.  

How Long Will You Keep This Data For And Why?

We hold pupil data for 6 years after pupil’s 18th birthday [SEN records only] all other paper data follows the child to their next educational establishment.  Electronic data on each child will be retained for a period of 6 years.


How Will My Information Be Stored?

Information is currently stored electronically on each child on the following platforms: SIMS, FMS, I-Track, 365.  In addition school retains paper copies of Admissions Form, Ethnicity, Medical Information, Pastoral Support, Social Care Involvement, Free School Meals Entitlement, Early Years Pupil Premium Voluntary Applications and Emergency Contact Information.

Will This Information Be Used To Take Automated Decisions About Me?


Will My Data Be Transferred Abroad and Why?


What Rights Do I Have When It Comes To My Data?

Under the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.

To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact the head teacher at Kirkby Church of England Primary School, Hall Lane, Kirkby L32 1TZ.

You also have the right to:

object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress

prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing

object to decisions being taken by automated means

in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed.

Who Can I Complain To If I Am Unhappy About How My Data Is Used?

If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance.

Email: kirkbyce@knowsley.gov.uk

By post: Data Protection Officer, Kirkby C E Primary School, Hall Lane, Kirkby, L32 1TZ.

You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:

Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website

By post: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF

Telephone: 08456 30 60 60 or 01625 54 57 45  

Kirkby Church of England Primary School is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.