Sports Premium Funding Kirkby CE 2016/2017
At Kirkby CE Primary, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement all our children.
Primary School Sports Funding for 2016-17 is enabling us to continue and extend our provision by employing additional sports coaches to support professional development, delivering sports coach mentoring, lunch time and after school clubs, entering into more competitive sports competitions, providing swimming lessons and training our staff to deliver high quality PE and Games sessions.
What is the Sports Premium?
The Government is providing £150 million of ‘Sport Premium’ funding per annum (academic year) to primary schools for 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17 to support the delivery of PE and school sport. This funding will be ring fenced and Ofsted reports on the expenditure and its impact.
For the academic year 2016/17 Kirkby CE has been allocated £9035.
The Government are not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their active participation in sports.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in sport
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools
At Kirkby CE we use the funding to achieve a number of sustainable objectives:
- To develop and enhance the teaching of high-quality PE across the curriculum in all classes.
- To develop the leadership of PE to enable sustainable quality provision.
- To provide pupils in EYFS/KS1 and KS2 with expert, intensive coaching and support.
- To develop teacher’s skills in all areas of the PE curriculum
- To support the delivery of physical development in EYFS.
Click Here to see the Sports Premium Detail
Impact and Monitoring
- Use of Funding will be monitored throughout the year to ensure maximum impact and enable our pupils to receive high quality PE and Games.
- Staff will have a greater confidence in planning and delivering high-quality PE. This will come from observations of pupils and staff during PE lessons and teachers using their improved knowledge to run their own clubs.
- Impact will be measured against the proposed outcomes, and increased percentage of pupils receiving ‘quality provision’.
- Club analysis of those pupils that do not access the current club provision at Kirkby CE.
- Number of pupils being signposted to out of school club opportunities
- Award of the Silver Mark Award for PE Provision for 2015-16
- Pupil Voice - Feedback from pupils will feature as part of the impact measured showing increased participation and enjoyment in PE lessons and after school clubs. This will come from club registers and feedback from specialist coaches, teachers and children.
- 100% of children have participated in at least 1 club during the year
- Achieve Gold Mark Award 2016-17
- Further equipment to be purchased including new football goals, netball net and hockey equipment
- Maintain external coaches and explore further diversity of sports
- Continue having visiting athletes to promote diversity and inclusion
- Continue to develop staff
- Organise further cluster sport tournaments
- Set up a Sports Council